• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

2NE1 - I Am the Best

B

BillST4s

This KPop hit is a weird combination of disparate video images + the occasional catchy English phrase that concludes with the firing of automatic rifles. Maybe it is typical of KPop videos, which are obviously not produced for my Boomer generation.

Before all of you think I have completely flipped out in my soon to arrive old age, let me explain how I came across the video. I have heard the song as background music for two TV commercials: one for a Japnese car and one for a Microsoft product. I have an interest in foreign languages and to my Mandarin trained ears + brain, the intro words sounded like Neige Chei Cha La Da.

I tracked the song down to this KPop hit. Does anyone here speak Korean? I don't, but I can usually recognize it when it is spoken in my presence. This doesn't sound like Korean and the Mandarin part of my brain still hears Neige Chei Cha La Da, although postings on You Tube list it as Nege Che Chalaga.

Back