• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Acoustic Cover of Annie Lennox song - WHY

G

gg883

I've always loved this song. She wrote a beautiful song and I could never hope to do it justice (I'm nowhere near worthy) but this is my first attempt at covering the song solo acoustic.

1997 Martin HD28VR w/ D'Addario EJ16 lights capoed up 2 frets (from standard tuning, I'm tuned one step down because too lazy to re-tune)

"Why" is the first solo single by the Scottish singer Annie Lennox, released in 1992. It was taken from her debut solo album Diva and reached no.5 in the United Kingdom and number thirty-four on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100.

Technically good. Easy to listen to. But lacks emotive force.
I love this song too. I don't get the sense that you are singing phrases that you FEEL - something you are relating too.

... Easy for me to say, who can neither sing nor play.

Still enjoyable to hear. Thanks!

Technically good. Easy to listen to. But lacks emotive force.
I love this song too. I don't get the sense that you are singing phrases that you FEEL - something you are relating too.

... Easy for me to say, who can neither sing nor play.

Still enjoyable to hear. Thanks!

Yes! I am in total agreement! Going in I knew there was no way in hell I could come close to Annie's powerful original. Also, what's working against me is that this is the first time I am playing the song. I'm actually reading the lyrics as I sing and that tends to drain the delivery of emotion. I know this. Was fun trying though. I'm simply not worthy of this song so didn't want to put a whole lot of effort into it.

If I knew the song by heart it would be much better for the emotion aspect but still....Annie is so powerful with her original nobody can even touch that!

Interesting song choice, not sure its your best performance, kinda pitchy and all over the place, the vocals microphone was too low- making you compress your diaphragm as you leaned (position it higher than your mouth so you reach up to it, but at the hook- dude you rocked da house.

(Sorry, couldn't resist the AI inference)