• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Any Black Flag fans here?

I have this record on limited release purple vinyl. Does that count?

427678.jpg

I also have this one on vinyl of course; it's my personal favorite. Kira's got the 10 1/2 and when you come over and let Kira take over...

427679.jpg

Black Flag was a moment in time that's gone for good. Greg Ginn must need the money.

I think you can day that for any rock band revival tour.

I went to a BF show about ten to twelve years ago and it was pretty bad.

Too many wrinkles.

But boy did those dudes rock hard in the early 80s

The name reminds me instantly of an odor that prevailed often at m grandma's ranch house, on the screened porch

Yeah too many wrinkles; that's true.

But also the culture is so different now. In those days Black Flag was pretty underground; playing in filthy dives to all ages shows. The audience was all about punk and hardcore and there were no jocks and frat boys like you see at shows today. These shows were the one place where you could go to be with people who were like you. It's that cultural moment I'm talking about that's gone forever. If they get together and play now, they are just playing songs.

Yeah too many wrinkles; that's true.

But also the culture is so different now. In those days Black Flag was pretty underground; playing in filthy dives to all ages shows. The audience was all about punk and hardcore and there were no jocks and frat boys like you see at shows today. These shows were the one place where you could go to be with people who were like you. It's that cultural moment I'm talking about that's gone forever. If they get together and play now, they are just playing songs.

you can say that again..

I was 18 in this picture..

427776.jpg

http://theressomethinghardinthere.blogspot.com/2012/02/from-hardcore-to-rock-bostons-ss.html

Man that is an awesome pic!

And some sweet albums!

I saw that about the reunion too, seems questionable but who knows. I never got to see them so maybe now's the chance Have you checked out that OFF! stuff with Keith Morris singing? It's nowhere near the old stuff, but still pretty rocking.

Snagged this at Rasuputin awhile back, just to get a piece of Black Flag on vinyl:

427876.jpg

All that Raymond Pettibon art was so rad too. This is my first post on the forum as well so hello I'm Brian

Morris was great pre Circle Jerks, but nobody could top fresh from DC Henry..

Man did that dude have the vibe..

Live Flag was some powerful shit

i'm not a black flag fan really, i was a lil' metalhead. the real metal that was closer to black flag than poison. in my opinion the excessive everything is what killed 'arena' rock. poison? not metal, not even good pop. crap songs, crap production, just way too much make up and image. 'metal' became the catch word that was improperly used to describe the guitar rock of the 80's and early 90's.

this was just before they jumped the shark and let Ginn take over with all that slow grunge drone crap..

I was 18 in this picture..

dang, what happened, Mike? you looked totally cool in that pic. Veganism strikes again?!
there are tons of posts lately on FB about upcoming European shows.

Back