• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Astor Piazzolla - Libertango

G

Giuseppe

Beautiful.

I then saw this by two young guys busting out their own rendition on the accordian.
:rad

I sent Randy the X Man a PM about using this as background music for one of his PNW moto-vids. :thumbup

Note that the version above is a transcription, with Yo-Yo Ma on cello, lots of strings, and the very capable Nestor Marconi on bandoneon. By the time it was recorded, Astor Piazzola was long dead.

There are lots of original clips of Astor himself playing his music (look on youtube for Astor Piazzolla Nuevo Tango). Strangely, I can't find a version of Libertango, but here is a version of Adios Nonino (the boss himself enters around 2:30, before is a long piano solo, then it becomes insanely dense). All it takes is a quartet or quintet, for masters like these.

To demonstrate how old I am: I saw Piazzola live in Hamburg in 1984, and I was a grad student back then. In those days, I was dating a Colombian/Argentinian lady.

What kind of genre would you consider this to be? I really like the melody of it and want more of it.

Back