• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Astrud Gilberto and Stan Getz: Girl from Ipanema

B

BillST4s

If I recall music history correctly, this rose to #1 or #2 in the Billboard Top 20 at a time when the Beatles were sweeping all the music polls and ratings. One of the few (last?) times jazz topped rock & roll in the American pop musical scene.

That's funny - a high school friend of mine when I lived in Brazil's father was a prominent bossa nova musician back in the day and perhaps his biggest hit was "Influencia do Jazz" which was a somewhat defiant tune about the tainting of pure samba/bossa nova by jazz.

Astrud Gilberto night continues on SBR. From the 1964 movie Get Yourself a College Girl. Check out the cast on the You Tube notes.