• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Bill Monroe - With Body and Soul

Bill Monroe

Love this rendition.

A few months after I first saw it on YouTube (more than three years ago, I think), it got yanked. Glad to see it's back on.

And that's Kenny Baker on fiddle (with the cowboy hat). Dunno who the other fiddler is. Kinda neat to see them playing and pancaking their left hands under the neck.

P.S. This song is on "The Music of Bill Monroe: From 1936 to 1994" CD set.

Naw. Can't be Bobby Hicks. As the dates that Baker and Hicks were part of the Blue Grass Boys don't mesh (because Hicks stopped being a BGB by 1959 (Source)). And the video is from a Grand Ole Opry show in color, so probably late 1960s, if not early 1970s. I'm guessing maybe Richard Greene (since I don't know what he looked like as a young man).

Here is another offering showing Bobby Hicks (looks like a teenager) with Gordon Terry and Red Taylor as the other fiddlers ...

[YouTube]Jwa3hnjZz74[/YouTube]

Not quite as vintage, but this is what I look for in my bluegrass. :thumbup

I had the great pleasure of seeing and meeting Sonny in Grass Vally some years ago. :rad

Back