• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Blind Boy Fuller - New Louise Louise Blues

Blind Boy Fuller recorded "New Louise Louise Blues" on September 9, 1937 in New York City, and it was the only tune he recorded that day. He accompanied himself out of E position in standard tuning for his version of the song, and it's a tribute to Johnny Temple's original version that the song would be covered so soon after he put it out, in November of 1936 (and Temple had re-recorded it in May of 1937).

====

Louise, she left me this morning, she never said a word, nothing that she knowed, something that she heard
Louise, why don't you hurry home?
I ain't had no lovin', since Louise been gone

Louise, she got ways, like a rollin' stone, every time she leave a man, he have to grieve and moan
'Cause I ain't had no lovin', since Louise been gone

SOLO

Now I got a gal here name Eula, she treated me nice and kind, I don't care what she do, Louise is on my mind
Louise ain't so good-looking, her hair is not red, but she cook my breakfast, bring it to the bed
'Cause I ain't had no lovin', since Louise been gone

Back