• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Bob Dylan & All Star Cast: I Shall Be Released

B

BillST4s

Here is a mystery video for fans of the Music Forum. The You Tube notes give no information as to when or where it was recorded and only credit Bob Dylan.

Anyone know the venue? Who else was performing with this all star cast? I spotted Eric Clapton, Ringo Starr, and possibly Joe Cocker. Who was the blonde female on stage?

The Last Waltz was a concert by the rock group The Band, held on American Thanksgiving Day, November 25, 1976, at Winterland Ballroom in San Francisco. The Last Waltz was advertised as The Band's "farewell concert appearance",[1] and the concert saw The Band joined by more than a dozen special guests, including Paul Butterfield, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Emmylou Harris, Ringo Starr, Ronnie Hawkins, Dr. John, Joni Mitchell, Van Morrison, Muddy Waters, Ronnie Wood, Neil Diamond, Bobby Charles, The Staple Singers, and Eric Clapton. The musical director for the concert was The Band's original record producer, John Simon.

Robbie Robertson is on stage too...WIKI!

The blonde is Joni Mitchell I believe.!!

First thing I thought of was Dylan being released from the Devil. <---could this be what it is about? Song sounds religious enough for it. Seen a video of him acknowledging the devil as "the chief" or similar. Maybe he made a pact, has now been cleansed and shall be released?

But i don't know Dylan all that well. Interesting all the same!

Back