• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Buffalo Springfield For What Its Worth their biggest hit Im proud of

G

gg883

This is a collaboration with Sonya and Shuie (a UK based duo) and I must say I am blown away by what they did to my solo acoustic cover. They did a beautiful job on this!

I sent them my raw microphone recording and they upholstered it with their Buffalo magic as follows:

Sonya did the 'morse' electric dub on her Les Paul copy, the handclaps and the high harmony.

Shuie played the Fenderbass, lead guitar and sang low harmony. He also put an extra high harmony on the final chorus.

Thank You to my friends Sonya and Shuie!

STEREO Video:

Wow! The background guitar, etc. sounds just like the original. Better actually, given the electronic recording advances made over the past 40 years. :clapping

Dewey Martin R.I.P. 2/1/09

By Erik Pedersen Erik Pedersen – Fri Feb 6, 2:54 am ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – Dewey Martin, drummer for the groundbreaking but notoriously feuding and short-lived rock pioneers Buffalo Springfield, was found dead February 1 in Van Nuys, Calif. He was 68.

The cause of death has not been determined.

Martin and his bandmates -- Neil Young, Stephen Stills, Richie Furay and Bruce Palmer -- formed the group in Los Angeles in 1966, carving out a unique sound that melded elements of country, folk and rock. Their first single, 1967's "For What It's Worth," captured the zeitgeist of youth culture, touching on themes of community, paranoia and the generation gap and becoming a top 10 hit and rock staple.

But that was the band's lone national success, and its famously sparring members called it quits in 1968 after only three albums -- none of which made the top 40. Nonetheless, the group heavily influenced the country-rock scene of the early '70s.

Martin played on all of the band's songs, which also included "Bluebird," "Mr. Soul," "Rock 'N' Roll Woman" and "On the Way Home." Its second album, "Buffalo Springfield Again," ranked No. 188 on Rolling Stone's list of greatest rock albums. The group was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1997.

Martin attempted to keep the band's name alive after its split, recruiting members for the New Buffalo Springfield. But lawsuits by Young and Stills prevented them from using the name.

Bassist Palmer and Martin played the oldies circuit during the mid-'80s and early '90s as Buffalo Springfield Revisited. Martin also formed other bands that failed to catch on.

Young wrote fondly of Martin in his autobiography, "Sharkey": "You get harder, he hits harder. You pull back, he hits back. He can feel the music -- you don't have to tell him."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Gil that is a masterpiece. :bow

Truly the best you have done so far, very impressive.

Back