• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Carolina Chocolate Drops - Salty Dog

howdy partner! This is truely original American music much like Jazz.

Well, the truly interesting aspect of the Carolina Chocolate Drops is these kids are the embodiment of American music completing the circle. Because their ancestors sang and hollered (and maybe even played the banjo) in the fields and their shacks as American slaves. After the Civil War their ancestors sang gospel and spiritual songs in black (and white) churches. Then a few decades later their ancestors sang, played and danced to jazz and blues. And now these kids are playing Old Timey/bluegrass songs, which is the white version of American "root" songs.

Heard them a few months back on Rick Stasio's public radio show. Today was listening to my iTunes and that show replayed as a podcast. In looking at some of their other YouTube videos, I see that the banjo player is also a fiddler. That's versatility. His musicality is like that of John Hartford, who I admire ... One of these days I think I'll try the banjo too.