• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Cream - Farewell Concert 1968

Andy

Administrator
Staff member

Published on Feb 4, 2015
45 Years Ago: Cream Give ‘Farewell Concert’
BBC TV 1968 - Royal Albert Hall

Sorry, but I made my own cut from the original video. In the original, a song, an interview, a song, an interview.... But I did not like. That's why I put the music at first and then the interviews ..
I believe if you don't like it the original you will still find here on YT..

Intro
01:23 Sunshine of Your Love 4:10
05:32 Politician 5:08
10:39 White Room 3:23
13:59 Spoonful 8:20
22:18 Toad 6:31
28:49 I’m So Glad 2:55
31:45 Interviews
- Interview "Jack Bruce”
- Interview "Eric Clapton”
- Interview "Ginger Baker"
- “Jack Bruce – Farewell”
Outro

Lineup:
Jack Bruce — bass, harmonica, vocals
Eric Clapton — guitars, vocals
Ginger Baker — drums

After just over two years as a band, Cream gave their final performance on Nov. 26, 1968. The concert was held at the Royal Albert Hall In England. Cream’s decision to disband took fans by surprise, though simmering tensions within the band, primarily between Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker, came to a head, as Eric Clapton was losing interest in the band. They embarked on a ‘farewell tour’ of 19 cities in the US before the two night stand finale, Nov. 25 & 26, at the Royal Albert Hall.

The concerts were recorded and broadcast by the BBC in early 1969. The recordings were to serve as part of the band’s final album. Planned as a double album, with half recorded live and half in the studio, the idea was scrapped in favor of a single LP with one side live and one side previously unissued studio material. Issued as ‘Goodbye,’ the live selections were taken from a show at the L.A. Fourm. A concert film followed a decade later.

The band were apparently unhappy with those final shows and even die hard fans admit it wasn’t the band at the peak of their powers. In the documentary, ‘Cream: Classic Artists,’ Baker said “It wasn’t a good gig. Cream was better than that. We knew it was all over, we knew we were just finishing it off.”

Opening acts on the various tour dates included Rory Gallagher’s Taste, Deep Purple and the newly formed Yes. Cream finally reunited in 2005 for a series of shows in the UK and US, which were a huge critical and financial success.

Back