• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Cream - Sunshine of Your Love

More music from my college freshman and your first grade daze. :laughing

I did not know one of those guys was Eric Clapton until I read the Youtube notes.

The Gibson uses double coil humbucker pickups as opposed to the single coil pickups on a Strat.

Single coils are brighter, but prone to hum. The 2nd coil is wired in reverse polarity to cancel the hum. The extra wiring changes the sound to a more powerful, richer tone, but lacking the clarity of the single coil.

IIRC, Clapton used a Gibson SG (double coil) on the original tune.

Right you are, If you look at the vid posted by Irene Eric is playing his SG . If you you look at the horns on Hendix's guitar , their not tapered like an SG. Ah its "Gibson guitars that Hendrix owned included a black Les Paul, and a white SG Custom type 2". Jimmy Page had a switch on his Gibson that would split the coils and in another invert the phase between the humbuckers.

The angle in the Hendrix video makes it difficult to ID the guitar, but with the double horns, it sure looks like an SG.

This brings back the good ol days Andy. :rad

I wore out my Disraeli Gears LP on my stereo playing this and the other songs.

And I wore out my parents and neighbors with my impression of Ginger Baker! :bash

And last year about this time, I got to see Clapton as a birthday gift. Wow!! :bow

Hope you had a nice BD today ... :thumbup

One of my favorite groups. This is old and all three of them are obviously stoned, but a great video nonetheless.

1689387857334.jpg

1689387884199.jpg

1689387902781.jpg

Back