• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Creedence Clearwater- Green River

aclearspot

I never thought I'd hear Peter Frampton, Gary Brooker(Procul Harem) and Albert Lee playing "Green River "

Loved the tone on Frampton's Les Paul

Kind of funny to actually see the lyrics to this song I have listened to thousands of times since the seventies. Some parts of it I had totally wrong :p

Kind of funny to actually see the lyrics to this song I have listened to thousands of times since the seventies. Some parts of it I had totally wrong :p
You're not the only one. Some weird lyrics in there music. I won't even begin to say what I thought they were singing in some of their songs.:laughing

Well, take me back down where cool water flows, yeah.
Let me remember things I love,
Stoppin' at the log where catfish bite,
Walkin' along the river road at night,
Barefoot girls dancin' in the moonlight.

I can hear the bullfrog callin' me.
Wonder if my rope's still hangin' to the tree.
Love to kick my feet 'way down the shallow water.
Shoefly, dragonfly, get back t'your mother.
Pick up a flat rock, skip it across Green River.
Welllllll!

Up at Cody's camp I spent my days, oh,
With flat car riders and cross-tie walkers.
Old Cody, Junior took me over,
Said, "You're gonna find the world is smould'rin'.
And if you get lost come on home to Green River."

Welllllll!
Come on home.

I cannot begin to count the number of times that has happened to me.

Back