• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Crossroads (1986 film)

SirNapsAlot

I stumbled across it again (after many years) in netflix instant section, no academy award winner but truly enjoyable...basically a young pup convinces a blues master to go back to the crossroads and try to get his soul back (which he had traded in his youth to the Devil for his blues skills) the guitar work touches classic, blues, and rock, here's a description:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossroads_(1986_film)

If you haven't seen it kick back with some popcorn and enjoy this overlooked little flick

223375.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't it Steve Vai and SRV? Saw part of this on TV a while back. Pretty goofy, like Karate Kid with an axe.

Found a clip.

fyi, twas steve vai and ry cooder doing the dual scene.

Ry cooder did most of ralph machio's stuff until the very end when ralph pulls out the paganini... that part was done by steve vai.

That's funny; a friend from High School wrote that script! It was the only thing he ever did....

We used to hang out and listen to records a lot...and he was really into old blues stuff. He used to say, "One day, I'm gonna write a screenplay about these old blues guys and modernize it." And he did!

It was one of those magical deals where he wrote a "treatment," and the studios bought it. So he holed up in his apt for three weeks and wrote the whole screenplay. Got $250k for it as I recall.

Back