• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Dan Hicks and his Hot Licks

M

m0t0-ryder

Eclectic Jazz. Good Stuff!

I Scare Myself. (Dan's 60'th Bday at the Warfield, SF 2001)

Evening Breeze (1989)

How can I miss you if you won't go away.

Waitin for the 103 (1969)

Eclectic Jazz. Good Stuff!

I Scare Myself. (Dan's 60'th Bday at the Warfield, SF 2001)

One of my college roommates, circa early 70's, was a big Dan Hicks fan. Here are the You Tube notes about the 2001 concert, well worth reading:

A live performance at San Francisco's Warfield Theater. Where, reunited with virtually every musician he had ever recorded with, Dan celerbrated his 60th birthday in style on December 9, 2001.

Over 40 remarkable musicians featured, including all surviving members of Hicks' pioneering San Francisco band, the Charlatans - George Hunter, Richard Olsen and Mike Wilhelm - as well as former Hot Licks Sid Page, Jon Weber, Jaime Leopold, Maryann Price, and Naomi Ruth Eisenburg - who hadn't played together publicly in over twenty years.

The three featured violinists are in order of performance : Brian Godchaux, David (It's A Beautiful Day) La Flamme and the one and only "Symphony" Sid Page.

Back