• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Don Henley: Boys of Summer

B

BillST4s

I had never heard this song until Randy the X Man used it as background music for some of his videos of last year's Spring Break Ride. Here is the 2000 version with Don Henley. Can he really play the guitar? He seems to be just holding it and strumming a few chords at the end (which I admit is more than I can do). In many of the other videos of the Eagles I have found on Youtube, he is playing the drums.

Here is a 2004 version with the Eagles and Don Henley. Once again, he is holding the guitar but not doing much with it. Based on the videos on Youtube, the Eagles seem to breakup and makeup about every five years.

Although Don Henley is primarily a drummer, he does, indeed, play the guitar - and he plays it very well. I've seen him in concert many times, both solo and with the Eagles, and I've seen him play. He's a very talented man! :)

Back