• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Eric Clapton Buddy Guy Robert Cray & Jimmy Vaughan: Sweet Home Chicag

But , but you forgot to mention the axeman to the left, Mr Hubert Sumlin
"Hubert Sumlin (born November 16, 1931) is an American blues guitarist and singer, best known for his celebrated work, from 1955, as guitarist in Howlin' Wolf's band. His singular playing is characterized by "wrenched, shattering bursts of notes, sudden cliff-hanger silences and daring rhythmic suspensions".[1] Listed as number sixty-five in the Rolling Stone 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time,[2] Sumlin continues to tour and play blues guitar. He is cited as a major influence by many artists, including Eric Clapton, Keith Richards, Robbie Robertson, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimmy Page and Jimi Hendrix"

Hubert is an amazing player. For those who care to know the guitar he is playing is an Bartolini Dega 3V. The company is Italian and founded by a luthier whom started out making accordions hence the strange looking pickups and switches. The five switches would allow you to change pick up position and phase of the coils, much like the Fender Mustang although this guitar was made about 10 years prior to the Mustang. Yes there are 6 switches but the last switch is an off switch that muted the pickups.

One has to wonder how he got his hands onto this guitar as they were not importing them into the States when this film was made. They didn't start importing to the states till the late 60's.

The amplifier he is playing is an early model Supro made by Falco for Sears and Roebuck. Now the interesting tie into to rock and roll history, this guitar and amp combination made it onto a very famous album that came along several years after this film was made, can anyone name the artist, band and album?

For those who know you guitar and amp history this should be very easy to answer.

And no the guitar is not a custom made Fender. :LOL:

Wow I never thought much about that guitar, I assumed it was cheap guitar.The video is from a European tour. In this video Hubert Is playing the same guitar @1:30 in the good ol USA. In the background is blues legend "Son House" and he's drunk and being an ass and the "Wolf" is pullin that twenty out to make point. Look at how that harmonica is buried in Howlin Wolfs hand
I'll take a stab at your question Jimmy Page ?

Wow I never thought much about that guitar, I assumed it was cheap guitar.The video is from a European tour. In this video Hubert Is playing the same guitar @1:30 in the good ol USA. In the background is blues legend "Son House" and he's drunk and being an ass and the "Wolf" is pullin that twenty out to make point. Look at how that harmonica is buried in Howlin Wolfs hand
I'll take a stab at your question Jimmy Page ?
Yes it was Page. He also used another famous Supro amp called the Thuderbolt and he also liked cheap guitars like the danelectro.

Great video. Son House is a legend, not sure what he was doing with the hand movements though. :LOL:

Great looking SG bass.

Bump. The account with the video is no longer active, but I found this one.

Back