• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

FirstAlbum FirstConcert Favorite Album

E

eroseme

List your first album that you ever bought, then the fist concert you ever attended, then your favorite album of all time.

First Album: Hermans Hermits (1965). I bought it at the Pay Less on the corner of Grant and El Camino in Mt View, for $2.22.

495263.jpg

First Concert: Day On The Green, British Invasion, August 3 1975 - Robin Trower, Peter Frampton, Fleetwood Mac, Dave Mason. I cannot find a poster for it.

Favorite Album: The Cure, Mixed Up. A friend of mine says the first version of a song that you hear is always your favorite. I had never heard of The Cure before 1993 when I was working out in a gym in Kailua-Kona and it was on the PA. I checked the CD player for the title, and it's been my favorite even since.

495264.jpg

First Album was 4 Way Street

495558.jpg

First concert was Elton John when Goodbye Yellow Brick Road came out.

"Since the recording of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Elton's concerts have consistently featured a number of its songs. Starting with Elton's infamous concert at the Hollywood Bowl on September 7, 1973 (a month before the album was available in stores)...."

Too hard to choose a favorite album of all time, but those two would be at the top of the list :cool:

First concert was Elton John when Goodbye Yellow Brick Road came out.

"Since the recording of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Elton's concerts have consistently featured a number of its songs. Starting with Elton's infamous concert at the Hollywood Bowl on September 7, 1973 (a month before the album was available in stores)...."

I have Yellow Brick Road on CD, vinyl, and digital. I did a test where I started all 3 recording types and then just switched the receiver input to compare them back-to-back. Predictably, vinyl was best - and that album is beat-to-shit after 40 years or so (granted, it only got played for maybe 6 years). FuneralForAFriend and LoveLiesBleeding is a motocross anthem for me - I would always play it on my 8-track while driving to the races.

Was the concert that you attended at the Hollywood Bowl?

Yes it was. My girlfriends dad drove us and picked us up....from Whittier! Cool dad :cool:

Back