• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Five Tenors: Indiana

B

BillST4s

No, it's not a quintet of opera singers performing on a PBS fund raiser. Tenor sax players Don Byas, Coleman Hawkins, Stan Getz, Barney Wilen, and Guy Lafitte jam to the jazz classic (Back Home in) Indiana at the 1958 Cannes Jazz Festival. No sheet music, just jammin' on the chords, which they have memorized. There is a brief hint of the melody at the very beginning and the very end when they all playing together.

Note how Barney Wilen (the white kid with the glasses who follows Guy Lafitte) is chewing gum before his solo.

Some songs you just don't forget. The first time I remember hearing "back home in Indiana" was in Berkeley(70-80's ?) and performed by Asleep At the Wheel. First song of the set and they had a 11 piece band doing western swing. Love the song , did a little research and I have by it Louie A and Benny Goodman. Thnx

Some songs you just don't forget. The first time I remember hearing "back home in Indiana" was in Berkeley(70-80's ?) and performed by Asleep At the Wheel. First song of the set and they had a 11 piece band doing western swing. Love the song , did a little research and I have by it Louie A and Benny Goodman. Thnx

Bonus Round
Ask and ye shall receive.
Louie:

Benny:

Back