• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Gary Moore - Over the Hills and Far Away

Right? Gary Moore went through some *ahem* phases that we'd rather forget.

But then again, it was the mid-80's and I bet most of us are glad there weren't more cameras around back then.

Anyone that can play rhythm and lead guitar while singing = :bow in my book.

Personally, I loved 80s music. Like any style or era, it had it's share of garbage (no, Garbage was a 90s band that awesome, but that's another thread...), but with the rise of synthesizers, it spurred a great deal of creativity.

Totally agree. 80's shlock rock is kind of a guilty pleasure these days, but there seems to be a mile-long list of guys who have fallen into obscurity from that era (arguably, some never made it out of obscurity) but could play some serious guitar: Gary Moore, Vinny Moore (no relation), Warren DiMartini, George Lynch, Adrian Vandenberg, Nuno Bettencourt, Tony MacAlpine, John Sykes...

I've got some you-tubin' to do! :laughing

Back