• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman

B

BeerNBaconGirl

I loved this song since I was teeny tiny! I dig the "love/life story" his lyrics seems to tell.

Irene

Back in my music snob youth I used to dismiss these masterpieces as music for the Geritol set. Once I found out Glen Campbell was a member of Bill Monroe's Bluegrass boys and could flatpick with the best, I would listen. the author of this song,Jimmy Webb wrote a lot of gems(Up,Up and Away, Galveston, By the Time I get to Phoenix, MacAurthur Park) for a lot of artists. I think Glen Campbell was his best interpreter. Here's GC before he was famous

Thank you for posting. I love the 2nd song.

I think what does it for me on Wichita Lineman is..."...and I need you more than want you And I want you for all time". Hits my heart HARD every time I hear it. :)

Irene

Wichita Lineman has always been one of favorite Glen Campbell songs, this is a close second.

I would also like to dedicate this song to 4 old dudes that have guided me through life in one way or another, Frank D 65', Dave R 67', Jesse R 68' and Ken V 72'.

Thanks guys, :bow

Smacking self on head :bash

I forgot this one! Great song. Thank you. :thumbup

Irene

Back