• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Greta Van Fleet - Lover Leaver Taker Believer

k98-6MWfA1augXhcQKMC9Bfs=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

@wadehampton15345 years ago (edited)
I'm a 58 years old guitarist, and thought that this kind of rock music was dead. These young guys are bringing it back! I get emotional every time I listen to them, im scrambling to learn their licks, this hasn't happened to me in many many years. I hope that they are around for a long time, and that other young people will be inspired to pick up the guitar again! IMHO, GVF is definitely not a Led Zeppelin clone. I was born in 1960, I've been playing Led Zeppelin tunes for a very long time. There are very little similarities in the chord structures of GVF and Zeppelin music. Both Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones were already seasoned and highly sought after studio sessions musicians, when Led Zeppelin was formed. Jimmy Page played a completely different lead guitar style than Jake Kiszka, and JPJ had an altogether different bass style than Sam Kiszka. And while Danny Wagner has the same drum setup as John Bonham, he is a distinctly different drummer. GVF and Led Zeppelin are distinctively different bands. True, both have a singer with a tremendous vocal range, but Josh Kiszka does not remind me so much of Robert Plant, but actually reminds me more of Geddy Lee, from Rush. GVF, IMHO, is a singularly unique band. They are kicking it old school, and have the "sound" of classic rock, but they are definitely not ripping off anything. I'm proud of these guys, Josh, Jake, Sam and Danny. They're doing great job bringing out the music that is in their hearts, and not imitating anything in particular. If they remind us of Led Zeppelin, I think that it is more that they that they remind us of that era of rock music. A three piece band and a killer singer was the ticket that brought many 60's and 70's bands fame. I'm fortunate to have lived through the original experience, and now I'm fortunate to relive it, with Greta Van Fleet!
Show less

Back