• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Jo Stafford: Autumn Leaves

B

BillST4s

There must be something about Autumn in Coalinga, as Jo Stafford recorded several Autumn themed songs. According to Wikipedia, she was one of the first to record "Autumn Leaves."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autumn_Leaves_(song)

I still think you all should organize an Autumn ride to Coalinga on her birthday, Nov. 12. :laughing

This was a French song written by Joseph Kosma, a Hungarian who moved to France prior to WWII. My mother loved this song so much that whenever she and Dad hosted parties at the house, she'd sing this song while my older sister accompanied her on the piano. I'm more familiar with Nat King Cole's version. Johnny Mercer penned the English lyrics.

This was a French song written by Joseph Kosma, a Hungarian who moved to France prior to WWII. My mother loved this song so much that whenever she and Dad hosted parties at the house, she'd sing this song while my older sister accompanied her on the piano. I'm more familiar with Nat King Cole's version. Johnny Mercer penned the English lyrics.

Someone has posted Edith Piaf singing it in French on Youtube.

Well, gee, Bill, why not post her rendition here, too, then in this thread?

Well, gee, Bill, why not post her rendition here, too, then in this thread?

Andy wants separate threads for separate artists. Besides, I have already posted up so many Autumn songs (with a few more to come :laughing) that I thought you might want the opportunity to do it. :smilewink Plus, I like to read your comments about the songs and the artists.

Here's an Andy quote:

Please only link a maximum of two videos per thread only if it's the same song.

So you gonna let "The Sparrow" sing en français about leaves autumnal falling?