• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Jo Stafford: You Belong to Me

B

BillST4s

I remember listening to this song when I was a kid. It was on a jazz compilation album my parents had bought from one of those "record of the month" clubs.

Wow. According to Wikipedia, Jo Stafford was born in -- of all places! :LOL: -- Coalinga, CA. And she's a distant cousin of WWI American sharpshooter, Sgt. Alvin York. In the 1950s she also had several duet hits with Frankie Laine, one of my all-time favorite male singers.

This song in its final version (initially written as a war song by Chilton Price, a female composer) was first recorded by Sue Thompson, who sang it in a country way. I'm more familiar with Patsy Cline's version, sung with country soul as a ballad and at a slightly faster tempo than Jo Stafford's rendition.

Still good stuff. :thumbup

Back