• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

John Lennon - Watching The Wheels

Published on May 28, 2013
'Watching The Wheels'.written and performed by John Lennon.The song began life as Emotional Wreck, of which John recorded a demo in late 1977.He had the central piano motif and the opening lines,but it took many revisions before Watching The Wheels eventually emerged.The following year it had been retitled I'm Crazy,which was recorded at John's home in the Dakota on a piano.I'm Crazy contained some lyrics which were left out of Watching The Wheels: "People say I'm stupid/Giving my money away/They give me all kinds of names and addresses/Designed to save me financially."By early 1980 the song had become Watching The Wheels.John taped a demo with an electric guitar,giving the song a boogie rhythm which was later dropped. He then recorded a final demo in June 1980 prior to entering the studio to record Double Fantasy.This was included on the 1998 box set John Lennon Anthology and the 2004 collection Acoustic.

Back