• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Kenny Baker & Bill Monroe: Jerusalem Ridge

Back in the burned out hippie days when we all started listening to country and western, western swing and bluegrass I saw Bill Monroe and the Bluegrass Boys. After the warmup we were all hootin n hollerin when they hit the stage. Everybody was getting impatient while they tuned up. Kenny didn't appreciate the noise and turned to the microphone and said in his sternest drill Sargent voice "we tune because we care, be quiet" . It was very quiet until they started to play.

That's a GREAT story! Thanks so much for sharing.

There are not many stories about Kenny that I've heard or read about. I believe he's still alive and living in his native Kentucky. And whaddaya know?! Somebody posted a page for him on Wikipedia. From listening to his bluegrass fiddle tunes, I learned almost note-for-note two of his fiddle songs and from some fiddle books a few more. Neat thing is he supposedly cannot read music, so for him it's all "ear" music. And what a musician he is.