• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Led Zeppelin - Denmark 1969

Wow What a find. As I've gotten older i've come to appreciate LedZep quite a bit. I thought Page was using a LesPaul on the first lp but I guess he used a Telecaster,and dam he makes it sound like no other tele. Its pretty amazing that he played 1 guitar the whole time.

What did the LED stand for, anyway?
The younger crowd might look at this and think maybe a zeppelin with lights on it was the groups logo...

One account of how the new band's name was chosen held that Moon and Entwistle had suggested that a supergroup with Page and Beck would go down like a "lead balloon", an idiom for disastrous results.[22] The group dropped the 'a' in lead at the suggestion of their manager, Peter Grant, so that those unfamiliar with the term would not pronounce it "leed".[23] The word "balloon" was swapped for "zeppelin", a word which, according to music journalist Keith Shadwick, brought "the perfect combination of heavy and light, combustibility and grace" to Page's mind.[22]

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Led_Zeppelin

Wow, that was great Andy, thanks.
That takes me back a few months! :LOL:

Would have loved to be in that audience.

Back