• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Leningrad Cowboys & Red Army Choir: Sweet Home Alabama

B

BillST4s

This is the most surrealisitc combination of music and geopolitics you will ever see. The break up of the old USSR has made for some really strange bedfellows. :laughing

For an encore: "Delilah". The embedding has been disabled, so you will have to hit on the link. Check out the folk dancers and the Soviet commune tractor guitar. I never thought I would wax nostalgic about the Cold War. :rad

Here are the Youtube notes.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Leningrad Cowboys is a Finnish rock and roll band famous for its humorous songs and concerts featuring the Soviet Red Army Choir.

Currently, the band has eleven Cowboys and two Leningrad Ladies. The songs, all somewhat influenced by polka and progressive rock, and performed in English, have themes such as 'vodka', 'tractors', 'rockets', and 'Genghis Khan', as well as folkloric Russian songs, rock and roll ballads and covers from bands as diverse as The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and Lynyrd Skynyrd, all with lots of humour.

-----------------------------------

The Red Army Choir (Choir Aleksandrov) is a performing ensemble that served as the official army choir of the former Soviet Union's Red Army. The choir consists of a male choir, an orchestra, and a dance ensemble. The songs they perform range from Russian folk tunes to Church hymns, operatic arias and popular music.
In 1991, The Red Army Choir participated in Roger Waters' The Wall concert celebrating the fall of the Berlin Wall. They performed an anti-war song "Bring the Boys Back Home".

Since the collapse of the Soviet Union, the Red Army Choir has continued performing, entertaining audiences both inside and outside Russia
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It is good that those laid off soldiers found employment, but I'll bet Nikita Kruschev is rolling over in his grave.

The discussion of the situation in Ukraine in the Off Topic/News forum evokes memories of the Cold War, so let's bump this thread.

The original Sweet Home Alabama has been removed. Here is another one I found.

Back