• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Los Lobos - Kiko and the Lavender Moon - 1996

B

BillST4s

This version using an electric guitar:

While this one uses a concertina like the original video:

Neither of these recordings is as good as the original MTV type video, which looked like an LSD trip from 1966. I cannot find it on Youtube at the moment, but I'll post it here when I do.

My favorite version of this song is sung by Lea Delaria on her "Double Standards" CD. Her version has more of a light Latin dance tempo instead of LL's heavy rock tempo. Delaria's instrumental support includes a marimba which gives the number a sultry Latin flavor.

Neither of these recordings is as good as the original MTV type video, which looked like an LSD trip from 1966. I cannot find it on Youtube at the moment, but I'll post it here when I do.

It has been nearly five years since my original post. :eek:

Earlier this week I heard the original version on KPLU (88.5 FM: NPR and All That Jazz). I found the video on Youtube. It still looks like an acid trip from 1966.... or so I am told. :D

I still can't find my favorite version, by Lea DeLaria, on You Tube. :yell

While this one uses a concertina like the original video:

The live concertina version I had originally posted has been removed from You Tube. I found this one celebrating 30 years at Filmore. The date of the concert was not in the You Tube notes and I don't know if "30 years" was referring to Filmore or Los Lobos.

For my fellow fans of Sesame Street: Elmo and the Lavender Moon.

I have fond memories of Sesame Street. After I was done with Mandarin classes for the day at the Defense Language Institute (DLI) in Monterey, I would pick my daughter up from preschool. We would walk the abandonded railroad right of way through Cannery Row between Monterey and Pacific Grove or watch Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers together. My daughter is now 32, which gives you an idea how long ago that was.

I am still searching You Tube for a good version of Los Lobos' The Pawn Shop with the heavy bass line like the original.

The 20th anniversary performance of "Kiko" live on KCRW on 9-12-12. The guy singing and playing the concertina is starting tp look like my brother. The drummer must be one of their sons.

Back