• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Mike Dawes Somebody That I Used To Know Solo Guitar

M

m0t0-ryder

A solo arrangment of Gotye's tune, "Somebody That I Use To Know". Played without any overdubs.

His hands look like they are just dancing around all over the neck...
It's an amazing instrument and every talented player can bring a completely different sound out of it.
It takes amazing skills to make it work so well.

His use of natural and artificial harmonics while maintaining the rhythm parts is amazing. Not to mention the strumming of chords in an almost flamenco style and the duo tonic slides to emulate the vocal harmonies in the melody. Very nicely done.

His use of natural and artificial harmonics while maintaining the rhythm parts is amazing.
I have never seen that done before - at least nowhere to the extent he uses it. Amazing and quite different.

Back