• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Perez Prado - Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom

Ha-ha!

I have this in my iTunes library. But the version I grew up was played by somebody else's band. I'll have to dig my parents' 33 RPM album out of the closet and check the "who."

Love it when the bandleader goes, "Oooo. Ahhh!," and then the horns go, "Dunnuh dunnuh dunnuh dunnuh dunna-nuh-nuh!" :LOL:

Thanks for posting. I remember this was a hit around 1964-65, but I cannot recall the artist.

Lolbrat: the one I am thinking of may have been the version you heard. Al Hirt had some hits in the mid 60's, but I dont think this was one of them. Please let us know what you find out from your parents' record.

Just checked Amazon, and it's Billy Vaughn and his "Billy Vaughn Goes Latin" (i.e., "La Paloma" (Dove)) album.

269949.jpg

Perez Prado had a hit with the song back in 1955.

Interestingly "Cherry Pink and Appleblossom Time" was initially popularized in France and written by a Catalan, Louiguy (Louis Guglielmi), who wrote mostly for Edith Piaf.

Back