• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Psy-Gangnam Style

S

schumacher62

130 million youtube hits since it was posted july 15th. its about time you knew.

That was very cool. Thanks for posting this Paul. It's fun to watch videos that are famous in other countries.

That was very cool. Thanks for posting this Paul. It's fun to watch videos that are famous in other countries.

i agree andy. though gangnam is a wealthy neighborhood in seoul and is well known by both the rich and the poor (hence the popularity of the video, which humourously points out the vulgarity of tasteless rich people) the youtube views breakdown to 47% from the States, and just 4% from the Republic of Korea. the wikipedia entry is extensive and glowing, nicely capturing the essence of what "viral" means. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangnam_Style

:LOL: The guy with the bowl cut reminds me of Vector from Despicable Me

413842.png

Ever since I saw it the first time I was not a fan of the song.

Not sure if it was the techno music or what but to me it was just Meh...

Now I have even more reason not to like it.

Controversy: 'Gangnam Style' singer Psy's allegedly anti-American past [Updated]

Here's a snippet from the article...

Psy reportedly got up in front of an audience to rap about the United States' presence in Iraq following the beheading of a Korean missionary. In a protest song called "Dear American," Psy sang:

Kill those fucking Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives
Kill those fucking Yankees who ordered them to torture
Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers
Kill them all slowly and painfully

I doubt PSY is to bothered by this since the Gangnam video is going to net him over $8M. :(

Being the first son of a Korean vet, who risked his life and lost friends in Korea, so that PSY and his countrymen could live w/o communist rule I find it very offensive.

Yeah, PSY published an apology.
Might mollify some. Not me.

Back