• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Rosemary Clooney - Tenderly

Y

Yvonne

One of the loveliest songs ever written ... How could this song, with only 10 lines of text -- and sung by the wonderful Rosemary Clooney -- be so lusciously beautiful?

[YouTube]MbQjDxA7g-M[/YouTube]

Those old song writers knew their craft. The songs of that era had to fit on one side of a record of that era, which I believe was about three minutes for a 45 rpm single such as the one you see Rosemary Clooney holding up in the photos at the 2:10-2:15 marks of the video.

The thing is, most songs -- even the ones being composed and performed today -- are of short duration, like 3 minutes. Maybe it's that our ears can handle only so much sound.

See I LOOOVE this era in music. My mom DID play this song when I was a little more than a toddler.

The way she sings reminds me a bit of Dinah Shore. I agree that the writers knew their stuff. The lyrics were continuous and not so "choppy" or "Segmented" like the songs now.

Back then the songs were written with care it seems....rather than scribbled and thrown together like today's sounds. Which is what most are nowadays....just "sounds".

Yea yeah okay the song made me cry a bit since I haven't heard it in about 39 years. I miss my mom.

I am a HUGE Big Band Fan also. Just about ANYTHING in this era I love. The clothes, the music, the way of life.

Thanks for posting this. :)

Irene

I am a HUGE Big Band Fan also. Just about ANYTHING in this era I love. The clothes, the music, the way of life.

Thanks for posting this. :)

Irene
I love the Big Band Era as well. The era seemed to have a lot of civility and politeness lacking in the modern day.
I listened to Big Band music and jazz while my contemporaries were listening to the Beatles, Beach Boys, etc

Such a beautiful song that works well on a cloudy day such as today ...

Back