• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Rush - YYZ - Best Clip Ever

Simply genius :rad

217288.jpg

Too bad that director is one of those who can't hold a shot for more that 3/4 of a second.

That's one of the best drummers in the world there...who rides his GS between shows....

shot in Europe?

from Rush in Rio. Neil's new drum solo is called "A Rhythm Method" and it stands alone from YYZ ( note there was no mega drum solo).

Oops that was the one associated with YYZ. the the revised one from Rush in Rio is "O Baterista"

I liked this video before it even started because I can tell from the run time that it didn't have a 5 minute drum solo :sleep

Can someone explain the drying machines on stage?

Can someone explain the drying machines on stage?

Geddy thought the stage looked unbalanced with Alex's amps all on his side of the stage, so Geddy added the dryers & a rotiserie chicken machine. Canadian humor. :)

I've yet to hear a live version of YYZ that doesn't make me cringe. Lifeson is just too sloppy and lazy live. This is one of the best live versions I've heard, though.

Geddy thought the stage looked unbalanced with Alex's amps all on his side of the stage, so Geddy added the dryers & a rotiserie chicken machine. Canadian humor. :)

I won't try to understand those wacky Canadians, but Strange Brew was very funny (even when viewed sober).

I've yet to hear a live version of YYZ that doesn't make me cringe. Lifeson is just too sloppy and lazy live. This is one of the best live versions I've heard, though.

I bet they could replace him and half the fans won't even notice or care.

Did you guys know that the rythm at the beginning of this song is "YYZ" in morse? Neil heard it on a flight to Toronto (the Toronto airport is CYYZ) and decided to build a drum line with it :)

In Montreal, he had 3 big rotisserie machines up on stage. They even had someone dressed like a cook come and check the chickens during the show.

Back