• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Steve Vai & Eddie Van Halen

Steve Vai is probably the most eclectic guitarist ever. He does some really strange stuff. He's also incredibly talented technically. Sometimes he showcases his musicality, but not often enough for me personally (although one clip was of a tune of his I like quite a bit). Steve Vai is a former student of none other than Joe Satriani.

And Eddie V. What can I say? He changed the face of rock guitar. I remember when Van Halen I came out. What a raw, unique, hard hitting sound that was (in my junior year of high school). Eddie studied classical piano at a young age and applied it to guitar. You'll notice when he's doing two handed tapping that sometimes his riffs almost sound like Bach or something. That's his classical background coming out. It was also what prompted him to start to included keyboards in Van Halen's songs, which was controversial at the time.

Nice montage of clips! Thanks for posting it.

Back