• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Supertramp - Breakfast in America

Roger comments on his evergreen classic, Breakfast in America: "It's consistently one of the most popular songs in the set and it just seems to ignite a wave of joy in the audience when they hear the first chords. Never could I have imagined when I wrote this song at age 19 that it would be gaining in popularity, if that is even possible, over 40 years later. It's the playful, fun, jubilant quality that people love to hear and sing along to." ~ Roger Hodgson

Roger Hodgson, formerly of Supertramp, wrote & composed Breakfast in America, including all of the arrangements, when he was in his teens before he co-founded the band. Roger's Breakfast in America, the title track off the blockbuster album, was ruling the radio airwaves around the world in 1979. See Roger performing Breakfast in America & more in concert.

Take a look at my girlfriend
She's the only one I got
Not much of a girlfriend
Never seem to get a lot

Take a jumbo across the water
Like to see America
See the girls in California
I'm hoping it's going to come true
But there's not a lot I can do

Could we have kippers for breakfast
Mummy dear, mummy dear
They got to have 'em in Texas
'Cause everyone's a millionaire

I'm a winner, I'm a sinner
Do you want my autograph
I'm a loser, what a joker
I'm playing my jokes upon you
While there's nothing better to do

Ba-ba-ba-dow, ba-bow-dum-doo-de-dow-de-dow, de
Ba-ba-ba-dow, ba-bow-dum-de-doo-de-dow
Na na na, nana na na na na

Don't you look at my girlfriend (girlfriend)
She's the only one I got
Not much of a girlfriend (girlfriend)
Never seem to get a lot (what's she got, not a lot)

Take a jumbo cross the water
Like to see America
See the girls in California
I'm hoping it's going to come true
But there's not a lot I can do

Ba-ba-ba-dow, ba-bow-dum-doo-de-dow-de-dow, de
Ba-ba-ba-dow, ba-bow-dum-de-doo-de-dow

Hey oh, hey oh, hey oh, hey oh,
Hey oh, hey oh, hey oh, hey oh
Na na na, nana na na na nana

Back