• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Team Galactic Gaining on Me Best song I heard in 2008

M

McGrude

This song's mp3 file was given to me by a friend. It was the result of a collaborative effort by some guys on an internet forum not unlike our own. Apparently the forum will split off into random teams every quarter to half a year and then the resulting teams have to produce a song that is then rated by the others. These guys and gals send their tracks as .wav files over the internet and then someone finally mixes it down (after who knows how many retakes).

From my friend I got all the songs. This is my favorite (and I'm not biased since my friend didn't collaborate on this one). There's a moment of forum in-joke silliness at the beginning and end, but the production value... wow!

Sorry it isn't a convenient youtube link.

I now present you CAPE III -- Team Galactic's Gaining On Me
http://www.goobie.info/Gaining_On_Me.mp3

This song's mp3 file was given to me by a friend. It was the result of a collaborative effort by some guys on an internet forum not unlike our own. Apparently the forum will split off into random teams every quarter to half a year and then the resulting teams have to produce a song that is then rated by the others. These guys and gals send their tracks as .wav files over the internet and then someone finally mixes it down (after who knows how many retakes).

From my friend I got all the songs. This is my favorite (and I'm not biased since my friend didn't collaborate on this one). There's a moment of forum in-joke silliness at the beginning and end, but the production value... wow!

Sorry it isn't a convenient youtube link.

I know present you CAPE III Team Galactic's Gaining On Me
http://www.goobie.info/Gaining_On_Me.mp3

Interesting idea... thanks for posting it up, always good to hear what people are working on.