• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

The Animals - House of the Rising Sun

Eric Burdon night continues. Its 1964 and the haircuts, suits and boots are so Beatle-esque.

And nearly 50 years later in 2011. I wonder if Burdon thought in 1964 that he would still be rocking a half century later. Bear with the three minute intro acoustic guitar solo:

2010 interview. His comments about music genre and trying to get back to jazz while still making some $$$$$ are interesting.

Given their lifestyles, it is amazing that some of these rockers from the 60's are still around a half century later. I also find it interesting that they are now performing at jazz festivals. Some might say this is due to rock and jazz having common roots in the Afro-American blues.

Here is another recording from the 60's which has been redone to modern audio and video standards.

Good video and lip synching. No microphones or electric cords for the guitars or the organ. :laughing

Live performance about the same time (and wearing the same suits):

2011:

We're getting so old, but I guess it beats the alternative.

just read this
John Steel, the drummer, remembers, " We set up for balance, played a few bars for the engineer - it was mono with no overdubs - and we only did one take. We listened to it and Mickie said, 'That's it, it's a single.' " A gutsy blues-soaked vocal from Burdon and an inspired organ solo by Price captured on tape in the studio. The group synced with the original recording for this video.

Back