• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

The Band - The Weight

A song made famous by The Band.

From the You Tube notes: A show recorded at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles on December 3, 1989, during the first tour of the All-Starr Band. Divide the stage with former Beatle Billy Preston, Dr. John, Joe Walsh (Eagles), Levon Helm, Rick Danko and Garfh Hudson (all from the anthology The Band), Nils Lofgren and Clarence Clemons (who were members of the E. Street Band, Bruce Springsteen).

We all know Billy Preston was not a Beatle, so the former Beatle reference must have been to Ringo Starr.

The Band's 1969 Woodstock performance of The Weight.

1994 performance with Eric Clapton at The Band's induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Videos of Eric Clapton's introduction/induction speech and The Band's acceptance speeches can be found on You Tube.

Already 20 years ago! :eek: I am getting so old. :mecry

Wow! Thanks for posting.
It boggles my 20th Century mind to think of the logistics required to coordinate 22 musicians from around the world.

Check You Tube for more videos from this series. So far the songs are from my college daze of the late 60's-early 70's, or what I refer to as Boomer Music. I think the fact that these songs are still popular a half century later speaks to the quality of music from that era. :rad

Back