• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

The Beatles - Come Together

So I had to take the cage to work, on the table on the way out the door were a couple of cd(dupes in you must know. Anyway I picked up Rolling Stones Now. I know, I know bear with me. First two tunes standard early Stones renactment of US rythm and blues. The 3rd song "you cant catch me " a Chuck Berry song. Any way at 59 seconds in the tune here's that lyric. "he comes flat top moving up slowly" which is the opening line to "come together" . Man thats a whole bucket of questions. Was John Lennon listening to to the Stones or Chuck Berry. How did Chuck feel about those lyrics generating a bunch o money for Lennon McCartney. Whats a flaptop ? a hardtop(since a convertible is a drop top), the police, a greaser, a whiteboy ?

Slang words can be very different in other countries, and even in areas of our own. Defiantly a lot of room for speculation.

Back