• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

The Dance Of Eternety, by Mike Portnoy

Thanks for another cool link. What I love about his playing is his precision through all the different odd time signatures. Dream Theater as a whole is awesome in that regard.

You got me digging through some of the vids on youtube and he does a kid of very basic "odd time for dummies" tutorial that's kind of neat:

Thanks Ben, that's pretty neat. I used to spend hours on end going through all the tutorials he had on his website. He's got a quick right hand, that's for sure.

I always loved pieces that changed up time signatures when I was playing in the high school band. We had this one piece, I don't remember what it was called, but it had a whole long section that was a measure of 1:4, followed by two measures of 3:4, that 1-3 bit repeated for a little while, then there was a small string of 6:8. The way they did it was just neat, it transitioned the piece from a slow drawn out melodic classical sound to a swingy big band feel. It obviously made an impression on me, if I remember it 7 years later :nerd

Back