• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

The Eagles live: Hotel California

B

BillST4s

This seems appropriate for a California based motorcycle group. I love the harpsichord sound produced by the lower half of that weird looking guitar. I just wish the electric bass were a little more pronounced like the studio version.

Was the drummer their usual lead singer?

As long as it is, I never get sick of hearing that one. :thumbup
I think the weird guitar is a 12 string electric with a capo around the 7th or 9th fret.
I don't think the Eagles have a dedicated lead vocals.

I noticed all the good looking girls in the audience. I wonder if their band has an opening for another saxophone player should I decide to come out of retirement and start a third career. :laughing

As long as it is, I never get sick of hearing that one. :thumbup

I know what you mean.:rad

memorable lines:
"We haven't had that spirit here since 1969." [reference to ???]
"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

I love that song! I routinely have that going in my head daily! Usually when I think of California!

For those of us over 55, here is a fun trip in the Way Back Machine.

Wow... :thumbup :clapping

Joe Walsh had a lot more brain cells back then.....I caught them at their outdoor show in South Lake Tahoe just a few years back...they still put on a great show!!

(Re: your question Don Henly = 'the drummer')

For those of us over 55, here is a fun trip in the Way Back Machine.

I sold car stereo's for 3 years and by far this single song sold me more stereo systems than any sales pitch ever could with people from 16-60 yrs of age. The accoustics, bass, crowd attention, vocals, all are win hands down. I am not old and this song will always remain in my top 10. This song simply just rocks! :rad

This youtube "sounds" better.

I sold car stereo's for 3 years and by far this single song sold me more stereo systems than any sales pitch ever could with people from 16-60 yrs of age. The accoustics, bass, crowd attention, vocals, all are win hands down. I am not old and this song will always remain in my top 10. This song simply just rocks! :rad

This youtube "sounds" better.

I posted this acoustic verson as a separate thread.
https://www.southbayriders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75283
I think that these guys could unplug their electric guitars and jam so well on acoustic guitars shows what great musicians they are. :clapping

The videos posted above are no longer on You Tube. Here is one from The Eagles 1998 induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

Back