• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

N

never2old

I enjoyed this and thought some of you might also...

Ever wonder how they did the music for The Good, the Bad &the Ugly? It is cool to see how it was made after all these years. Some of you may not be old enough to remember this classic from the '60 's. Here it is anyway. This is fantastic. Turn it up nice and loud and enjoy. For those still caught in the '60s groove -- this is the answer to how that magnificent signature tune came about...Superb....wait
till the guy whistles!!!

THE UKULELE ORCHESTRA OF GREAT BRITAIN - THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY!!

Good find Gary. I'm old enough to remember the Spaghetti Western's. :clapping

Something about Brits recreating an iconic soundtrack of classic American western cinema produced by Italians, Germans and Spaniards and filmed in Italy that seems crookedly delightful. Bravo!

That tune is a favorite of mine (as is the movie). In fact, I was just discussing it the other day with a coworker and with someone else earlier today in a totally unrelated convo. So this is the third time it's come up recently (and I wasn't the one that brought it up in any of those three).

I didn't care for the intro. Someone was doing some fast picking of a single tone and missing like 3 out of every 5 notes. It was terrible.

However, after the intro, the piece really started to shine. 90% of the performance was great. That whistling part was from outer space!

I didn't care for the intro. Someone was doing some fast picking of a single tone and missing like 3 out of every 5 notes. It was terrible.

I think that was deliberate...

I think that was deliberate...

Yeah, it sounded too consistently screwed up to be just a mistake. Stylistically, it didn't work for me. But the other 95% of the piece was totally cool and well worth watching.

...who cares about soundtrack when you can have the full deal...?

(Just kidding...good finding!)

Reading the title, I thought it was a thread about you, Andy, and Tim. :laughing

I am old enough to remember Clint Eastwood as Rowdy Yates in "Rawhide".

As someone who also remembers Clint as Rowdy Yates, is a fan of the spaghetti Westerns and also a ukulele player; thanks for this post. The UK Ukulele band is pretty awesome. They do some very creative stuff.

That was really good Gary.
  • Like to see them do a spin on this..

That was really good Gary.
  • Like to see them do a spin on this..
And I'm old enough to remember when that was the music used on the "Marlborough Country" TV commercials with the (in)famous Marlborough Cowboy. It brings back memories of an era when composing music for movies and TV shows was a serious endeavor.

Back