• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

The Rolling Stones - Wild Horses

Great find. You left the mighty guitar slinger James Burton. Member of the R&R hall of fame. from wiki
Since the 1950s, Burton has recorded and performed with an array of notable singers, including Bob Luman, Dale Hawkins, Ricky Nelson, Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Glen Campbell, John Denver, Gram Parsons, Emmylou Harris, Judy Collins, Jerry Lee Lewis, Claude King, Elvis Costello, Joe Osborn, Roy Orbison, Joni Mitchell, Townes Van Zandt, [4]Steve Young, Vince Gill, Suzi Quatro and Allen "Puddler" Harris.
notice the face on the back drop.

from wiki
"Wild Horses" is a song by The Rolling Stones from their 1971 album Sticky Fingers, written by Gram Parsons Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. Rolling Stone ranked it at No. 334 in its "500 Greatest Songs of All Time" list in 2004.

from wiki
"Wild Horses" is a song by The Rolling Stones from their 1971 album Sticky Fingers, written by Gram Parsons Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. Rolling Stone ranked it at No. 334 in its "500 Greatest Songs of All Time" list in 2004.

From the You Tube notes:

Lyrics
Childhood living is easy to do
The things you wanted I bought them for you
Graceless lady you know who I am
You know I can't let you slide through my hands

Wild horses couldn't drag me away
Wild, wild horses, couldn't drag me away

I watched you suffer a dull aching pain
Now you decided to show me the same
No sweeping exits or offstage lines
Could make me feel bitter or treat you unkind

Wild, wild horses, couldn't drag me away

I know I dreamed you a sin and a lie
I have my freedom but I don't have much time
Faith has been broken, tears must be cried
Let's do some living after we die

Wild, wild horses, we'll ride them some day

Wild, wild horses, we'll ride them some day

Comment (I don't know if it is true):
Singer/actress Marianne Faithfull, girlfriend of Mick Jagger, attempts suicide with barbiturates while on the set of the film Ned Kelly (also starring Mick). She eventually recovers, and when awaking from her coma, tells friends that "wild horses couldn't drag me away." The Rolling Stones song "Wild Horses" is built around that phrase.

Although they are probably best remembered for their high-powered, up tempo rock & roll numbers, the Stones have turned out some very good "slow" songs.

Back