• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Thelonious Monk Quartet Straight No Chaser Paris 1969

I once saw an MTV interview with President Clinton. Tabitha Soren asked Clinton who his favorite musician was. He say "Thelonious Monk". She replied, "who's the loneliest monk?". :shifty

Great pick. I would really appreciate anyone who can link a video where Monk gets up in the middle of the song and starts dancing on stage.

I once saw an MTV interview with President Clinton. Tabitha Soren asked Clinton who his favorite musician was. He say "Thelonious Monk". She replied, "who's the loneliest monk?". :shifty
The younger generation. :LOL:

I would really appreciate anyone who can link a video where Monk gets up in the middle of the song and starts dancing on stage.

Over three years late, but I found the video of Monk dancing. :laughing

The video I posted over three years ago is no longer available, so here is one of the Thelonious Monk Quartet performing "Straight No Chaser" in a televised performance at the Marquee Club, London, 1965.

Check out Larry Gales on bass. I dressed like that in 1965, but I looked like a nerd :nerd........ He looks cool.

I heard this on KPLU 88.5 today and had to bump the thread. You Tube keeps removing the classic jazz videos that I find.

I still think the bass player is super cool. Dig his solo. That is a real string bass, not an electric bass guitar.