• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Toad The Wet Sprocket - Walk On The Ocean

Andy

Administrator
Staff member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toad_the_Wet_Sprocket

we spotted the ocean at the head of the trail
where are we going, so far away
and somebody told me that this is the place
where everything's better, everything's safe

walk on the ocean
step on the stones
flesh becomes water
wood becomes bone

half and hour later we packed up our things
we said we'd send letters and all those little things
and they knew we were lying but they smiled just the same
it seemed they'd already forgotten we'd came

walk on the ocean
step on the stones
flesh becomes water
wood becomes bone

now back at the homestead
where the air makes you choke
and people don't know you
and trust is a joke
we don't even have pictures
just memories to hold
that grow sweeter each season
as we slowly grow old

====

The song was written after singer Glen Phillips and his wife were vacationing on Orcas Island in Washington's San Juan Islands after hanging "out at Doe Bay hot springs with a bunch of hippies." The lyrics were written as placeholders, but Phillips could not come up with anything better. "I wrote down literally the first thing that came across my mind. The lyric and the chorus, I have no idea what it means, unfortunately. Then I tried rewriting it and nothing ever really worked. I tried to make the chorus mean something, and eventually said, 'Well, it sounds like I know what I'm talking about.' So we just left it as is. It was the least-conscious, least-crafted lyric," he said.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walk_on_the_Ocean

497408.jpg

497409.jpg

i love these guys. there seems to be a chemistry that makes the whole greater than the sum of the parts.

Great Band! In fact they are from my hometown and I remember seeing them play when they were just a bar band in Goleta. I have all their CDs.

Back