• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Tony Bennet and Christina Aguilera: Steppin' Out

B

BillST4s

Tony Bennet has been doing duets with divas young enough to be his granddaughters. Here is one with Christina Aguilera.

Tony Bennet will be 86 (one year older than my parents) in August and is probably the last actively performing member of the generation of jazz/pop singers who cut their teeth in the Big Band Era. The Wikipedia article is well worth reading:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Bennet

Bennet has recorded two CDs of duets with young divas such as Amy Winehouse and Lady Gaga. From the Wikipedia article:

"In September 2011, Bennett released Duets II, a follow-up to his first collaboration album, in conjunction with his 85th birthday. The album's pairing with Amy Winehouse on "Body and Soul" — reportedly the last recording she made before her death — charted on the lower reaches of the Billboard Hot 100, making Bennett the oldest living artist to appear there, as well as the artist with the greatest span of appearances. The single did well in Europe, where it reached the top 15 in several countries. The album then debuted at number one on the Billboard 200, making Bennett the oldest living artist to reach that top spot, as well as marking the first time he had reached it himself."

If I were a young diva, I would be bugging the h*** out of my agent to line up studio time with Tony Bennet while he is still kickin', as there are few (if any) young male pop singers out there to sing duets with that have his class and style.

Tonight's (1/27) "Great Performances" on PBS was the video production of Tony Bennett's "Duets II" album. If you have the opportunity, be sure to watch it. Great singing and great performances.

Back