• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga: Anything Goes

B

BillST4s

Keep in mind that Tony Bennett is 87 years old. :eek:

Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga have a new CD, "Cheek to Cheek", coming out 9/23/14. Like Tony Bennett, I believe that Lady G can rebrand herself as a legitimate jazz singer when she gets too old for the pop/tramp scene with the weird wigs, extreme makeup, and exposed skin.

Lady GaGa is an amazing talent. Heard her for the first time on Howard Stern. She reminds me a lot of a young Liza Minnelli.

'Bad Romance ' was the first I heard from her. And the husky lows she came out with reminded me of Marlena Dietrich. She has a strong singing voice, and can sound like a kid one moment and a veteran the next. She writes some wicked lyrics as well.
" Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun. When you make love if it's not rough it isn't fun.."

I think Lady Gaga recognizes how fortunate she is to know and work with Tony Bennett, who is probably the last surviving member of a generation of jazz and pop singers that included Frank Sinatra.

Back