• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

TV theme songs

B

BillST4s

Here is something a little different to kick off the fourth year of the music forum. Back in the 50's and 60's, television producers hired big name composers and orchestras to compose and perform original theme songs for TV series. All these decades later, many of these numbers are still floating in my head. Thanks to Youtube, we can now listen to these songs and enjoy some of the opening credit scenes from these old TV shows.

Post up your favorite TV theme songs on this thread. Be sure to list the TV show and the artist, if possible.

I'll start out with one of the memorable ones, the Theme from Peter Gunn by Henry Mancini.

The song is a pop classic. It was played by many high school marching bands at football games back in the 60's and has been covered by many artists since. :thumbup

Darn you! LOL! You woke me from hibernation!

Not sure who the artist is, but I love this one. :D

Irene

Darn you! LOL! You woke me from hibernation!

Not sure who the artist is, but I love this one. :D

Irene

You can go back to sleep after you listen to the full length version.

According to the Youtube notes, it was composed by Neal Hefti and arranged by Nelson Riddle, both big names in the Hollywood TV & movie music scene.

Back