• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Yes - Into The Lens

M

mnb

This song is off their Drama album (shortly before their well known 90125 album), during the brief period where Trevor Horn from the Buggles worked with, produced and for a brief while was a member of the the Band. This happened during the era in which Asia and GTR were formed and released their albums, which were groups featuring former members of Yes (particularly Steve Howe, the guitarist).

The sound and feel is still very Yes, but it is a distinctly different Yes as Trevor Horn's influence was significant (especially on the 90125 album on cuts like Owner Of A Lonely Heart and Changes).

Very nice!

Hardly anyone buys entire albums anymore so great tunes like that just get lost among the chart toppers. :(

Very nice!

Hardly anyone buys entire albums anymore so great tunes like that just get lost among the chart toppers. :(

Oh this is by no means 'current' music. The Drama album was released on August 22, 1980.

And no, i wasn't making a statement by choosing something off the Drama album. But in retrospect, it may have been Freudian given how threads have been going around here lately. :laughing

Owner of a lonely heart... awesomeness.....

Think I was 8 when I heard it....:laughing

Guitar Center used to use this riff on their commercials.

Drama was one of my favorite Yes records.

Bummed about Chris Squire.

Me too. I was lucky enough to see them live once about 16 or 17 years ago. He was amazing to watch live. The whole band was a collection of virtuosos.

I saw them a few times. A couple times we were close to the front. The bass would slam into your chest. I think they had three bass players for Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman & Howe shows.

Me too. I was lucky enough to see them live once about 16 or 17 years ago. He was amazing to watch live. The whole band was a collection of virtuosos.

I've seen them at least 3 times over the years and they never disappointed ! In high school I was sort of an oddball regarding music, I always liked the "prog rock" groups over the more popular bands of the time (1975-78) like AC/DC, Van Halen, Foreigner etc. I'd be playing Genesis, Yes, Jethro Tull, Brand X, Return to Forever etc…I have to admit still today, at 57 years old, I don't regret it at all. I listen to the same music today and it can brings tears of joy to me just as it did then. The sad part is, this type of music may never be popularized again because of the lame commercialized tripe that passes off as music nowadays. Ok rant over ! I agree with Curt regarding Yes being a band of virtuosos' ! They were not lacking any talent and its amazing they lasted so long, most bands that had members with talent, would usually disband after 1 or 2 albums.
RIP Chris Squire

Back